1. All hail the return of Glee!! (“Did you know dolphins are just gay sharks?”) However, Parenthood is without a doubt my current favorite dramedy… I don’t know if it’s the big family or what, but I love it. Love. It.
2. It is a crying shame that Taylor Swift’s “Fifteen” did not exist when I was 15. My fifteen year old emotions are soooooo validated when I listen to that song. Additionally, I could have really used the song “Gives You Hell” from say… 1998 to 2005.
3. Speaking of 1998, I have been running with a neoprene knee brace since my freshman year of high school. Once I started PT school, I quickly learned what my issue was (and how to fix it), but never stopped using my knee brace. Well, guess who ran three miles tonight without it?? For the first time in 12 years, I ran three miles without my knee brace! Granted, I ran slow to not overwhelm little lefty, but I did it. It’s the little things, right?
4. Speaking of high school… I had to explain to my sister today what zit cream is. Like, she literally asked me, “What is zit cream?” My explanation started with, “I know you haven’t had a zit since you were 15 but, honestly?” [I will spare you the story that led up to mentioning zit cream.]
5. We pay $10 apiece for the light bulbs that fit our recessed lighting. Ten dollars. Each. And they all seem to burn out in groups of five. This week, I decided to live dangerously and buy the $3 light bulb that looked about the same size. And….drum roll… It worked! And after three years of living here, I find this out one month before our lease expires. Cool.